4/22/2017

Vienna and Warsaw - Autumn 2015

In October and November 2015, I visited Vienna and Warsaw for very different reasons. I really like European capitals and while I had been to Vienna before, Warsaw was a first. Because the two trips were almost 1.5 years ago and quite short, I'm not going to write too much regarding restaurants or sightseeing. But I still wanted to show at least some photos, as both cities offer a lot of precious little things to see and of course both also have their fair share of great sights.

Vienna
Monsieur and me enjoyed a few days together in Vienna. It was quite cold and windy at times, but as usual, this didn't keep us from being outdoors. We also visited two photo exhibitions, the World Press Photo at Westlicht and a Joel Meyerowitz Retrospective at Kunsthaus Wien/Museum Hundertwasser. I can really recommend both places if you're interested in photography (Westlicht) and art, of course the Museum Hundertwasser is also worth a visit just because of the special building.






















Warsaw
I don't know if I would have travelled to Warsaw anytime soon just for the fun of it, it hasn't been on my bucket list. But when the choir project I managed in 2015 was offered a chance to sing at the "Varsovia Cantat" festival, I started to find out more about the city. Warsaw is a place with a long, interesting history and a beautiful old town, but at the same time it is a modern capital with lots of sightseeing spots.
Again, the weather could have been better, but as you don't really have a choice other than accepting it... the photos of course would be much nicer with sunshine and blue sky.
We visited the Warsaw Rising Museum, which I'd like to recommend because it's one of the most interactive and interesting museums I've visited in the last few years.
Just some impressions of the old town of Warsaw:


























No comments:

Post a Comment