5/05/2013

Berlin - January 2013

Berlin and me, that's a love-hate relationship. I really want to like Berlin, and it's sometimes hard to explain why I don't - Berlin is _the_ european city, everybody wants to go there and comes back with bright eyes, telling fantastic stories about the greatest place ever... oh well. I've been there a few times now, not always my choice, work brought me there and visiting friends and Monsieur's parents who also live close to Berlin. Confrontation therapy? It seems to work, though. Now I guess I can say I like some things there and enjoy being in Berlin, too. Some parts of it are nice, some sights are beautiful, and the atmosphere at some historic spotslike the East Side Gallery is incomparable. Not all of it is nice though, it's still too big, too noisy, too much history jumping in your face, too much impressions.
However, I might get used to Berlin, really, and I come home every time adding a little piece to my list of things I like about it. And funny enough - my next journey, starting in a few days, will bring me back to Berlin again, and again it's not been my idea.

So: here are some pictures of our Berlin trip in January. More to come soon, I'm afraid =)


No comments:

Post a Comment